Schedule: Fall 2021 (Starting October 6th)
All tutoring sessions will be conducted at Kemper 1127 or over Zoom this quarter. See the calendar or our email listserv to get access to the Zoom meetings.
- Every other Tuesday 6-8 pm (Weeks 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10)
- Every other Wednesday 6-8 pm (Weeks 3, 5, and 7)
- See calendar for updates
Any time changes or updates will be emailed through our listserv. If you wish to receive a separate email, please send an email to Wylen Winchell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of their requirements, members of Tau Beta Pi offer their knowledge and expertise in lower-division mathematics and engineering courses to help other students during tutoring sessions. Depending on when our members sign up, there may be an emphasis on a specific area of engineering on a certain day. All members have strong skills in math. The tutoring sessions are free and informal; no appointment is necessary. Just drop by and ask for help.
Typical courses tutored:
- ENG 6, ENG 17, ENG 35, ENG 45
- PHY 9ABC
- MAT 21 & 22 series
- CHE 2 series
- BIS 2 series
- STA 13 & 100
If you have any special requests for tutoring help, such as upper-division engineering courses, major-specific courses, or GE courses, please contact our Tutoring Chair, Wylen Winchell at email@example.com. Additionally, if you have any feedback, comments, or questions about the TBP tutoring program, please email us using the email above.
- Chevron Tutoring Program: MAE department, and they cover ENG 102 (Dynamics), ENG 103 (Fluid Mechanics), ENG 105 (Thermodynamics), and EME 106 (Thermo-Fluid Dynamics)
- Student Academic Success Center: UC Davis, and they cover BIS 101-105, CHE 8 & 118, and other less engineering based subjects
- Computer Science Club: Campus Club, and they hold drop-in hours as well as request via email
- STEM Cafe (formally Math Cafe): Women’s Resources and Research Center (WRRC), and they offer free Math and Chemistry tutoring at both lower and upper division levels
- Calc Room: Math Department, for MAT 16/17 and 21 series and open for most of the afternoon on weekdays.
- Residence Hall Tutoring: Segundo, Tercero, and Cuarto; writing, math, and chemistry are typically covered.
- Students Tutoring Students: Free tutoring by UC Davis students, organized through Facebook.
- IEEE: Free tutoring for ENG 17, EEC 100, and EEC 180AB.