Schedule: Spring 2021 (Starting April 8th)
All tutoring sessions will be conducted over Zoom this quarter. See the calendar or our email listserv to get access to the Zoom meetings.
- Every other Thursday 4-6 pm (Weeks 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10)
- Every other Wednesday 7-9 pm (Weeks 3, 5, 7, and 9)
- See calendar for updates
Any time changes or updates will be emailed through our listserv. If you wish to receive a separate email, please send an email to Christina Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of their requirements, members of Tau Beta Pi offer their knowledge and expertise in lower-division mathematics and engineering courses to help other students during tutoring sessions. Depending on when our members sign up, there may be an emphasis on a specific area of engineering on a certain day. All members have strong skills in math. The tutoring sessions are free and informal; no appointment is necessary. Just drop by and ask for help.
Typical courses tutored:
- ENG 6, ENG 17, ENG 35, ENG 45
- PHY 9ABC
- MAT 21 & 22 series
- CHE 2 series
- BIS 2 series
- STA 13 & 100
If you have any special requests for tutoring help, such as upper-division engineering courses, major-specific courses, or GE courses, please contact our Tutoring Chair, Christina Davis at email@example.com Additionally, if you have any feedback, comments, or questions about the TBP tutoring program, please email us using the email above.
- Chevron Tutoring Program: MAE department, and they cover ENG 102 (Dynamics), ENG 103 (Fluid Mechanics), ENG 105 (Thermodynamics), and EME 106 (Thermo-Fluid Dynamics)
- Student Academic Success Center: UC Davis, and they cover BIS 101-105, CHE 8 & 118, and other less engineering based subjects
- Computer Science Club: Campus Club, and they hold drop-in hours as well as request via email
- STEM Cafe (formally Math Cafe): Women’s Resources and Research Center (WRRC), and they offer free Math and Chemistry tutoring at both lower and upper division levels
- Calc Room: Math Department, for MAT 16/17 and 21 series and open for most of the afternoon on weekdays.
- Residence Hall Tutoring: Segundo, Tercero, and Cuarto; writing, math, and chemistry are typically covered.
- Students Tutoring Students: Free tutoring by UC Davis students, organized through Facebook.
- IEEE: Free tutoring for ENG 17, EEC 100, and EEC 180AB.